If you didn’t make it to the meeting on Saturday you missed an earful of search engine optimization goodness. While SEO is certainly involved and complicated, there are a few things a business owner can do to get started with a simple plan for SEO. For the best SEO service I recommend going to http://seoconsultantbanglore.in/.
Editors Note: This is a summary post from guest blogger Brianna Young.
- Start with a good website design. This will ensure your site is built for speed and usability, and will aid in making sure the search engines can properly crawl your website for content.
- Research, research, research. Use Google’s Keyword Tool to find keyword phrases that you should incorporate into your site. Pay attention to monthly search volume and competition ranking. Use targeted phrases and avoid being too broad. (Google for keyword tool. Users get a different web address when logged into Google.)
- Edit or Update your title tags, meta keywords, and descriptions to reflect your research.
- Write good content or hire someone to do so. Make sure you incorporate your keyword phrases. Keep the content relevant, well written, and abundant. Google likes meaty content.
- Blog, and be sure to link to relevant pages on your website in your blog posts.
- Use social media to engage with your customers and create links back to your site. Make sure the content is relevant but not too spammy or constantly advertising your business.
- Use best practices: no paid links, no hidden content, no keyword stuffing.
- Be patient. Rising through the ranks takes time, money, and more time. Don’t “set it and forget it.” Always stay on top of the current search trends using Google’s keyword tool.
You can grab the SEO Table handout from the meeting here: http://searchengineland.com/seotable
Some other great resources include: